Families have been buying home furnishings from Pierce Furniture since 1900 when C. P. Pierce opened the first Pierce Furniture store in Morning Sun, Iowa. This first store was also a funeral home, which was common for that time. L. R. Pierce joined the family business in 1919 and continued the operation until his retirement in 1975. Leroy K. Pierce joined his father in 1950 and continued the family business. He expanded the store into Columbus Junction and Wapello, Iowa in the 1980's. Leroy's sons, Dave and C. P. Pierce joined the business in the early 1980's and they opened the single existing location in Muscatine, Iowa. Today, we pride ourselves in continuing to offer great family values and service as we did over 100 years ago when the original Pierce Furniture store was opened.
Here are a few pictures of the original Pierce Furniture in Morning Sun, IA. Pictured below is Leroy K. Pierce working in the old Morning Sun store, date unknown. He made frequent visits to the Muscatine store until his passing in September of 2010. Leroy was the heart of Pierce furniture.
Also pictured below is Leroy, David & CP Pierce during the closing of the MS store in 1993. David & CP currently keep the family business tradition up and running in Muscatine, IA.